Easy Sweet Snack to Greet Spring Time
It has been a long time since I posted my last blog. I am most thrilled that this week is the first week of spring, here in Sweden. Although the first day of spring was quite disappointing since it was freezing cold with wind and snow, these past two days have been awesome. The sun was shining bright and I could see little baby flowers on the green patches. I was walking down the street just outside Ullevi with my boyfriend and we were so happy to see yellow flower buds on the pedestrian ways.
The lovely weather in Gothenburg got me feeling a little bit more excited to make sweet munchies than before. That is why today, I baked a simple and easy snack to greet spring time. I call it “Mini Napoleon Puffs”
|Prepare the ingredients nicely :)|
Ingredients (for 12 Puffs) :
3 sheets of Puff pastry
2 tablespoons of Almond
1 egg, whisked
Nutella / chocolate spread
1. Preheat oven with 175C, using top and bottom heat.
2. Roll the puff pastry until 2mm thin, cut into 7.5cm x 7.5cm squares.
3. Brush puff pastries with egg, top with sliced almond.
4. Put puff pastries on a baking paper on a baking pan, put it in the oven, bake for 20 mins.
|Looking at them puffing is always exciting!|
5. Take out all of the baked pastries, wait 10 mins until it is not too hot.
|Woohoo! They came out nice and golden.|
6. For the first six puffs, separate the puff pastries, spread half with strawberry jam on one side, put the other half on top.
|Yum! Strawberry Jam!|
7. Separate the rest of the puffs, spread with Nutella / chocolate spreads and sliced banana on one side, put the other half of the puff on top.
|Classic chocolate banana is always a great combo!|
8. (Optional) Garnish with powdered sugar.
There you go! Your sweet snack is ready for you to enjoy the blooming day! :D
*PS. For today, I also made special dinner for my boyfriend and me with Svensk Köttbullar, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Brunsås on the menu. Here is the sneak peek.
|Should I share this recipe ?|